Covers are out for 3 of the 4 books I have publishing in 2016!
And in super exciting news, I’ll be living in the United States during the 2016-2017 school year, which means I’ll have availability for school visits. If you’re interested in having me visit your school, check out my School Visit page that details some of the information. And feel free to email me if you have any questions or want to brainstorm the possibilities!
Here are some comments from my recent school visits:
- “Kristy has the perfect balance between expectation, positive tension, and humor.“
- “Kristy did an excellent job with my sixth grade students. She spoke at their level. She talked with my students about narrative writing that was very relevant to what we were doing at that time. It fit right into what I wanted them to learn. I only wish we could have had her visit for more than one period so she could teach them even more.”
- “Kristy relates so well to all ages of students. She adapts the components of her presentations to entertain and teach the age of the students to whom she is presenting. In these days of school budget restraints and cutbacks, it’s even more important that dollars earmarked for providing guest speakers to our students are wisely spent. Having Kristy present to your students is an investment that you and your students will be delighted that you made.”
- “Several of my students commented that her explanation of setting strengthened their writing!”
- “Kristy Dempsey’s presentation was engaging and fun. Her emphasis on where stories come from and how books are published was clear and interesting for students. They all really enjoyed it!”
- “This was a truly outstanding presentation. Ms. Dempsey related well to students and really engaged the entire audience with humor and participation. Content was both practical and inspiring to our young student writers.”
(Just to clarify: We aren’t moving back to America! We will return to Brazil. Demps and I will only be on furlough during which we will meet with the ministry’s supporters, raise future support and have time for some much needed preparation for the next phase of ministry.)