1. It’s worth repeating again. I finished the first draft of my novel this week. Then, I took one day off from writing, and jumped straight into a second novel, a YA. Only three thousand words so far, but it’s a start!
2. I leave in less than a week for a trip to a working writer’s retreat! I’ve got some research to print out for the YA I’ll be working on, have to pack for myself and my three children (who are so excited about staying with their grandparents while I go on retreat). My husband will join us a week and a half later and then we’ll have a couple of weeks of vacation on beaches in South and North Carolina.
3. Today was the last day at work for one of the San Diego editors who worked with me on Surfer Chick at Harcourt. My fingers are crossed she finds another job in publishing because I’d love to have the chance to work with her again.
4. There’s nothing on tv, except an old Sex and the City. I’ve never watched an episode of Sex and the City. Have I actually missed anything?
5. I only had four. Whatcha gonna do?
19 thoughts on “Friday Five”
You could talk about me. You could probably get a sentence or two out of me.
I’ll remember you next time.
I’ll expect you to.
Awesome on the novel(s), and have fun at the retreat! It sounds great.
Thanks, I’m really looking forward to it!
1. Congrats on finishing your draft, and good luck with the other WIP.
2. I’m so excited for you (and I’m not sure which part I’m more excited about–the writer’s retreat or the beachy vacation). Have fun!
3. Sorry about the last day, but I’ll cross my fingers with you!
4. Yes. Yes, you have. Not so much with the first half of season one, but the rest (and the movie) are awesome with a capital A. Witty, funny, and tightly written scripts. I love it!
I’m excited about the writer’s retreat AND the beachy vacation!
Have a great vacation!!!!!!!!!!! and congratulations on finishing the first draft 🙂
Thank you! Enjoy Carmel-by-the-sea!
1. Yay for the novel!
2. Enjoy your break.
3. She’s a talent; hope so for you, too.
4. Dunno. I’ve never seen it eithe!
5. Eat chocolate out of dispair and longing for more blogly insights.
Hmmm, you might be in for a lotta chocolate.
1. Is worth repeating several more times, I think.
3. Boo. I’m in mourning, too. As you know, my ed remains but her brilliant assistant, Jessie, is gone. I miss her.
4. I have seen a couple of episodes. It is like going to the zoo for me. I stare at the exotic life so different from my own, but utlimately, I don’t exactly bond with the emus, you know?
5. Bank the last one for a day when you need six.
Like the zoo. YES! I watched that episode and it was interesting but not captivating for me. I think I like the zoo better. 🙂
Congrats on that MS finish! And I hope you have a great retreat. *G*
I came in there to say exactly this.
Great minds think alike. Thanks!
Thanks! Wouldn’t it be great if we could all take a retreat at the same time and then report in?
YAY for finishing!!!!
Thanks, Pam! Good luck on your continued (or winding-down) agent search. You have the greatest perspective on that.