1. I’ve felt like something big was supposed to happen all week, but nothing has really materialized. Oh wait, ME WITH YOU was nominated for the SIBA 2010 Book of the Year award in the children’s/YA category. I’m very excited about that. Yes. But still, I’ve had this feeling I can’t shake, so maybe one of you will get good news before the end of the day.
2. I got art for my upcoming pb, MINI RACER, that I’m dying to share with you, but I don’t have permission yet. So instead, I’ll let my illustrator do it for me. 🙂 Bridget Strevens-Marzo shared some of the art on her blog a week or so ago and then Cynsations posted an interview with her as part of the SCBWI Bologna series. Be sure to check both of them out!
3. Cynsations also posted an interview with my fabuloso literary agent, Kendra Marcus, of Bookstop Literary. She shares a sweet story about me that made me blush (though she doesn’t use my name.) It’s nice to have an agent that makes you feel good about yourself, huh?
4. So have you noticed yet that lots of people I know are going to the Bologna Book Fair but not me? 😦 Pooh.
5. My agent just sent out my latest picture book manuscript. I am insanely excited about this story. I’ve had the idea/title in my head for years and have worked and reworked and worked and reworked and then finally the story just came together the other day. I wrote, revised, rewrote, revised, had it critiqued, revised, sent it to agent, revised, talked with agent, revised some more, and now it is OUT THERE. Oh boy.