1. We adopted a mutt yesterday. A truly homeless dog that was living at the university. Took her straight to the vet where she spent the night and was checked out and now she is ours. Her name is Pepper. She and I both are still adjusting.
2. Pan-fried tilapia for dinner with steamed veggies. Very soon.
3. We (my older sister and I) bought my mom and stepfather a Wii Fit for their birthdays. I’m looking forward to trying it while in the US. Anyone love or hate it? The thing actually weighs you when you step on it? Eep.
4. The monkeys outside our window have not been to visit in two weeks. 😦
5. Scheduled three book events so far for late summer/early fall. Who lives near Greenville, SC or Asheville, NC?
6. It’s been close to 100F here for the past few days and yesterday it finally rained and cooled just a notch or two. I may actually sleep tonight.
22 thoughts on “Six Things on a Saturday”
I think Els must be near Greenville, SC.
You would be even more cool to me if you could do a reading at the Thomas Wolfe house in Asheville ;o)
Els IS in Greenville. Hoorah!
And I’ll see what I can do about getting invited to read a the Thomas Wolfe house. Ahem. 🙂
My cat’s name is Pepper. 🙂 And I’d like to try a Wii Fit but haven’t yet…let us know how it is!
And monkeys? Sorry they’ve gone missing, but how cool to have ever had monkeys outside your window!
Oh, from one Pepper owner to another . . .
5. Me! Me! Can’t wait to see you again! 😀
I would love to have monkeys come to visit my kitchen window- what fun! I hope they come back soon for you. 😀
Hooray! (August 29 — a Saturday — from 2-4 pm at The Open Book) But you and I will see each other regardless of whether you can make it there or not.
Our Pepper says hello to your Pepper!
Pepper gives a shout out. Baroooo!
Isn’t it like 10 p.m. your time?
We are two hours ahead of you. But tonight it changes, yes? And we’ll just be one hour ahead of you. So I was just eating dinner at like 8 or 9, right?
Yay! My favorite time of year when you are just an hour ahead!
But when did you get to be two hours ahead? I thought you were still three.
Some random week ago, it changed here. We fell back, which made me an hour closer to you. And now you spring forward, which makes you another hour closer. I forgot to tell you because I barely noticed.
Wait — you got a dog? Cool. What’s his name?
Her name. Pepper. She’s quite mutt-ish. But very sweet.
Um, i’m so stupid.
I love our Wii Fit. If you’re already in good shape, you might not feel like you’re getting a workout at first, but as you begin to unlock things, I found I was being challenged more. It will even let you record exercising done elsewhere.
Have fun with it!
P.S. I forgot to say congratulations on adopting Pepper!
Ooo, thanks for the info. So it unlocks more levels or exercises the more you do it? And I like the idea of recording exercise done elsewhere because I don’t think I can give up the treadmill and weights at the gym.
Do your kids like it?
And does it really weigh you?
Oh yeah – it weighs you! LOL And it makes comments when you haven’t been on for awhile, like “Tamra, too busy to exercise yesterday?”
It will also ask after others. When A went off to college, the Wii kept asking me how her posture was lately . . .hint hint.
A, who is 20, loved it to pieces. B, who’s 11, liked it too, even though he only played it to try to beat my and A’s scores.
Since we went to Florida, I haven’t been back on it. I’m kind of afraid what it’s going to say to me!! LOL
Yeah on the new edition to the family. Pictures?????
Wish you were swinging by San Jose on your way south.
We have a Wii fit and we love it! There are lots of games and exercises to try out, even get a good workout if you want. We like the balance games best.
Book events sound exciting! Let me know if you ever come my way.
aww, how sweet of you to take in an animal in need, congratulations on the new family member!